WHY WORK HERE?
Opportunity for Growth – Team Atmosphere – Great Culture
GET TO KNOW US
We’re Driven to Move You. For nearly 100 years, our industry-leading products and solutions have provided the support that keeps businesses moving. As a global leader in innovation, we take a customer-first approach to innovation, design and manufacturing of solutions for the trucking industry. Through a wide variety of commercial trucking products, Phillips proudly serves OEM’s as well as the aftermarket.
Our success is powered by team members who embrace the challenges of meeting our goals and exceeding the standards set by the industry. In our pursuit of a better future, we refuse to settle.
As a 4th generation family-owned business, Phillips Industries has created a culture where people feel empowered to make a difference. Encouraged to share new ideas, collaborate with other team members as well as customers and partners, we are not afraid to take risks and fail in our push to continuously learn new and develop new skills.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is responsible for supporting the oversight and management of the accounts receivable department. They ensure the accurate and timely processing of customer invoices, payments, and collections, while maintaining strong relationships with customers. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor also leads a team of accounts receivable analysts, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure departmental objectives are met.
- Supervise and perform account receivable function, including invoicing, payment application, credit memos, and collections.
- Monitor and enforce credit and collection policies to minimize delinquency and bad debt.
- Reconcile customer account payments to outstanding invoices for accurate cash posting.
- Prepare and distribute regular reports on accounts receivable status, cash flow, and collections performance.
- Research short pays/debit memos for validity and either submit credit memo request or collect from customer.
- Prioritize and collect past due accounts for collection via Excel AR Aging.
- Release orders from credit hold as necessary.
- Coordinate with internal departments, such as sales, customer service, and finance, to resolve customer billing and payment issues.
- Research credit and debit memos, process or collect.
- Perform account reconciliation and provide customers with requests of invoices, credit memos proof of delivery, statements, and reconciled spreadsheet with details of accounts.
- Keep account contact information current in system and maintain strong relationships addressing inquiries and resolving disputes in a professional and timely manner.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors during financial audits and assist in providing requested documentation.
- Participate in cross-functional projects and initiatives aimed at improving overall financial operations and customer satisfaction.
- Lead, train, and motivate a team of accounts receivable clerks, providing guidance and support on daily tasks and complex issues.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, accounting standards, and legal requirements.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Knowledge of office practices and clerical/accounting procedures
- Knowledge of Syteline (Symix) and/or EPICOR ERP systems is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills (including commonly used formulas such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF, PIVOT TABLES etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of transactional accounting and billing experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Time-Off Benefits (Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Bereavement)
- Bonus Program
- 401k Matching
- Full Medical (Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Accident, Life insurance)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Continuing Education/Training Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Pre-tax deduction of insurance premiums
- Direct deposit
- Credit union
- Wellness Program
- Starting salary range of $70,000 – $75,000
Send your resume to [email protected] or apply here
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We make hiring and other employment related decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need and without regard to race, color, age (except as required to comply with applicable laws), religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.