Director of Marketing
WHY WORK HERE?
Opportunity for Growth – Team Atmosphere – Great Culture
GET TO KNOW US
We’re Driven to Move You. For nearly 100 years, our industry-leading products and solutions have provided the support that keeps businesses moving. As a global leader in innovation, we take a customer-first approach to innovation, design and manufacturing of solutions for the trucking industry. Through a wide variety of commercial trucking products, Phillips proudly serves OEM’s as well as the aftermarket.
Our success is powered by team members who embrace the challenges of meeting our goals and exceeding the standards set by the industry. In our pursuit of a better future, we refuse to settle.
As a 4th generation family-owned business, Phillips Industries has created a culture where people feel empowered to make a difference. Encouraged to share new ideas, collaborate with other team members as well as customers and partners, we are not afraid to take risks and fail in our push to continuously learn new and develop new skills.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
A visionary with a take-charge attitude, the Director of Marketing will oversee, coordinate and participate in the development of marketing strategies and products for the organization. Working in concert with both the sales and leadership teams, the director will design programs to build the Phillips brand and support sales growth across channels and targeted customers.
IS THIS JOB FOR ME?
The Director of Marketing must:
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train supervisory and management staff in the department.
- Direct and implement the organization’s advertising and promotional activities.
- Orchestrate all aspects of a strategic e-commerce plan. Combine existing expertise in sales, marketing, merchandising, technology and management to deliver a superior brand and purchasing experience for all customers.
- Oversee the e-commerce website. Manage the overall user experience, including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns.
- Analyze target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Identify new market segments that will benefit from company products.
- Prepare effective advertising campaigns based on market research.
- Maintain knowledge on emerging products and services.
- Collaborate with senior executives to develop growth plans for the organization.
- Forecast, draft, implement, and oversee the department’s operating budget.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
WHAT ARE THE DETAILS?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in marketing and long-range planning required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of market developments.
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Generous Vacation and Sick Plan
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Accident and Life Insurance
- Learning and development opportunities and programs
- Career path progression