Fleet Market Manager, Central US
WHY WORK HERE?
Opportunity for Growth – Team Atmosphere – Great Culture
GET TO KNOW US
We’re Driven to Move You. For nearly 100 years, our industry-leading products and solutions have provided the support that keeps businesses moving. As a global leader in innovation, we take a customer-first approach to innovation, design and manufacturing of solutions for the trucking industry. Through a wide variety of commercial trucking products, Phillips proudly serves OEM’s as well as the aftermarket.
Our success is powered by team members who embrace the challenges of meeting our goals and exceeding the standards set by the industry. In our pursuit of a better future, we refuse to settle.
As a 4th generation family-owned business, Phillips Industries has created a culture where people feel empowered to make a difference. Encouraged to share new ideas, collaborate with other team members as well as customers and partners, we are not afraid to take risks and fail in our push to continuously learn new and develop new skills.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Fleet Market Manager’s core responsibilities are fleet sales (indirect), service and support through all market channels (OEM, aftermarket) for national and regional fleets within their assigned region. This role will be a sales leader within the operation leading the charge in identifying and landing new fleet business to generate significant growth across 13 states in the Central U.S. while becoming a partner to the fleets for the long term.
- Calling on the fleets; customer development, product presentations, market analysis, root cause analysis, building and maintaining strong customer relationships, consultative solution based sales and support, selling with a noble purpose.
- Works with internal personnel from various departments to support and service the fleet partners with new products, current products, training programs, product development and cross channel communications.
- Plans and forecasts region growth, aftermarket parts requirements and new vehicle spec parts requirements on a continual basis.
- Analyzes market to determine customer needs, volume potential, market trends, competitive intelligence and develops programs to accommodate the goals of the company.
- Represents Company at designated fleet association meetings, customer events and industry related trade shows.
- Travels throughout assigned region to call on regular and prospective fleets as well as OEMs for pilot reviews (as required) and aftermarket suppliers in support of the fleet partner.
- Conducts product and process training with assigned fleets while working with the U.S. National Fleet Team for training programs that are implemented nationwide.
- Prepares weekly call reports, expense reports and other reports as required by management.
- Develop regional sales goals and review progress regularly with the Director of Fleet Sales.
- Set up key fleet goals and programs.
- Participate in all scheduled internal training activity and regular conference calls.
- Finding the correct decision makers and working with the correct personnel in multiple departments such as vehicle supply, procurement, maintenance, warranty, technology, etc.
- Cross Channel Communication with our Territory Sales Team, OES Sales Team, National Account Sales Team and OEM Sales Team.
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and/or internationally if needed to fulfill the essential duties and responsibilities.
- 60-70% travel requirement (driving, air travel)
- Fleet/customer focused.
- Must possess a high standard of integrity.
- Results driven with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to walk a project through from start to finish while working on multiple, long-term projects.
- Excellent communication skills – multiple mediums
- Collaborative, disciplined and focused.
- Ability to work with team.
- Willing to work in various environments from the boardroom to a truck garage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in sales, marketing, business administration, technical field or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales, transportation maintenance or comparable industry experience
- Demonstrated progressive sales growth aptitude.
- Demonstrated customer service, training and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; experience with Salesforce or related CRM platform; Zoom, Teams or similar meeting software are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We make hiring and other employment related decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need and without regard to race, color, age (except as required to comply with applicable laws), religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.