Account Manager, OES Sales – Western Territory
Job number: 21SE21B
WHY WORK HERE?
Opportunity for Growth – Team Atmosphere – Great Culture
GET TO KNOW US
We’re Driven to Move You. For nearly 100 years, our industry-leading products and solutions have provided the support that keeps businesses moving. As a global leader in innovation, we take a customer-first approach to innovation, design and manufacturing of solutions for the trucking industry. Through a wide variety of commercial trucking products, Phillips proudly serves OEM’s as well as the aftermarket.
Our success is powered by team members who embrace the challenges of meeting our goals and exceeding the standards set by the industry. In our pursuit of a better future, we refuse to settle.
As a 4th generation family-owned business, Phillips Industries has created a culture where people feel empowered to make a difference. Encouraged to share new ideas, collaborate with other team members as well as customers and partners, we are not afraid to take risks and fail in our push to continuously learn new and develop new skills.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Overall sales and marketing responsibility for OEM/OES in specified territory based on company objectives.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective OEM/OES Accounts.
- Manage OEM/OES Accounts in assigned territory to maintain current business, and expand sales by developing new business opportunities.
- Conducts product training and demonstrations with assigned and prospective customers
- Prepares weekly call reports, expense reports and other reports as required by management.
- Analyzes market to determine customer needs, volume potential, market trends and competitive intelligence and develops programs to accommodate the goals of the company.
- Works with customers and Phillips R&D, and Engineering to adapt current products and/or develop new products for customer applications.
- Represents Company at designated trade association meetings
- Plans and forecasts region growth on an annual basis.
- Monitor and report back on a regular basis any competitive activities in your region.
- Review sales goals and progress with Manager.
- Participate in all scheduled training and regular conference calls.
- Build and maintains strong relationships with assigned end-users and fleets.
- Working with internal management, negotiates pricing agreements with each assigned account per company policies, delivering financial results within expectations.
- Utilizes CRM weekly and keep up to date status on customer and new business opportunities.
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and/or internationally if needed to fulfill the essential duties and responsibilities
- Customer client focused
- Must possess a high standard of integrity
- Results driven with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, disciplined and focused
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in sales or marketing or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales or comparable industry experience
- Demonstrated progressive sales growth aptitude
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Industry experience preferred/must have electrical/technical background
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We make hiring and other employment related decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need and without regard to race, color, age (except as required to comply with applicable laws), religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.