OES Territory Sales Manager, South Central
WHY WORK HERE?
Opportunity for Growth – Team Atmosphere – Great Culture
GET TO KNOW US
We’re Driven to Move You. For nearly 100 years, our industry-leading products and solutions have provided the support that keeps businesses moving. As a global leader in innovation, we take a customer-first approach to innovation, design and manufacturing of solutions for the trucking industry. Through a wide variety of commercial trucking products, Phillips proudly serves OEM’s as well as the aftermarket.
Our success is powered by team members who embrace the challenges of meeting our goals and exceeding the standards set by the industry. In our pursuit of a better future, we refuse to settle.
As a 4th generation family-owned business, Phillips Industries has created a culture where people feel empowered to make a difference. Encouraged to share new ideas, collaborate with other team members as well as customers and partners, we are not afraid to take risks and fail in our push to continuously learn new and develop new skills.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Overall sales and marketing responsibility for OEM/OES in specified territory based on company objectives.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to connect with existing customers and prospective fleets, distributors, specialized trailer manufacturers and dealers
- Conducts product training and demonstrations with assigned customers
- Prepares weekly call reports, expense reports and other reports as required by management and submits in a timely manner
- Analyzes market to determine customer needs, volume potential, market trends and competitive intelligence
- Develops programs to accommodate the goals of the company
- Works with customers and Phillips R&D to adapt current products and/or develop new products for customer applications
- Plans and forecasts territory growth on an annual basis
- Represents Phillips at designated fleet association meetings, customer events and local trade shows
- Develops territory sales goals and reviews progress regularly with Regional Sales Manager
- Monitors and reports back on a regular basis on any competitive activity in the assigned territory
- Sets up key account goal programs
- Participates in all scheduled training and conference calls
- Ability to travel locally, nationally and/or internationally if needed to fulfill the essential duties and responsibilities
- Customer client focused
- Must possess a high standard of integrity
- Results driven with a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative, disciplined and focused
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales or comparable industry experience
- Strong presentation, training and facilitation skills
- Experience in successfully interacting with people at all levels of an organization
- Excellent customer service skills for internal and external customers
- Demonstrated progressive sales growth aptitude
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Industry experience preferred
- Background in electrical/technical field required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We make hiring and other employment related decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need and without regard to race, color, age (except as required to comply with applicable laws), religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.