Basic Warranty Policy:
Phillips Industries offers a Limited Warranty to the original purchaser that the warranted products are free from defects in workmanship and/or materials only. Charges for additional incidental or consequential damage, including labor costs, cannot be accepted.
Phillips’ policy is to replace the warranted product to the original purchaser if the product fails because of a defect due to workmanship and/or materials within the limited warranty period from the original production date. Warranties are not transferable and apply only to the original owner of the Phillips product.
Product Warranty Time Limits
All products receive a warranty time period of 1 year. Products listed in the table below receive an extended warranty period as noted.
|ABS LECTRACOIL™ w/ QCP™:
|5 Years (housing)
|Dual Pole Assembly, Heavy-Duty:
|POLAR AIR® Extreme Weather Air Coil:
|POLAR AIR® w/ Gladhands:
|3 Years (Air Coil)
1 Year (Gladhand)
|PERMALITE™ XB High-Efficiency LED Dome Lamp
with/without PIR Motion Sensor:
|PERMALITE™ XB High-Efficiency LED Corner Cargo Lamp
|QCP™ Quick-Change Plug:
|QWIK-CHANGE™ PAK (QCP™ Only)
|STA-DRY® Electrical Trailer Harnesses:
|10 Years (North America Only)
|STA-DRY® S7™ Break-Away Box:
Limited Harness Warranty
To be eligible for the above-limited warranty coverage, the electrical harness system must have been installed properly, and connections disconnected during maintenance applications have been resealed using corrosive inhibiting grease. Product modification, cut wires, or parts replaced by non-standard parts, will void the limited warranty.
When submitting a claim please be sure the following conditions exist:
- The part is a genuine Phillips OEM-installed part
- The part has been properly maintained
- The part is inside the warranty time limits
- The part is functionally defective
- Excessive wear and tear has not occurred
- Abuse such as “Pull-away”, jacketing rips, or tears have not occurred
Not a Phillips part:
Items received by Phillips Industries as warranty claims that are not Phillips parts will be denied and parts scrapped.
1. Claimed items with tractor pull-away damage, socket, and/or nosebox breakage are not warranted. Cable length should be checked with the truck in a far-right turn position to ensure cables are not overextended beyond their working length. Phillips does not warrant any tractor-to-trailer cable assembly with less than 180 inches (15’) of working length.
2. Product damaged by blunt force.
3. Jacket damage in the form of abrasion, tears, or rips.
Part Installation error at the factory or service center caused premature product failure. i.e., cable jacket rubbing against frame, non-metallic part installed over uneven surface causing stress fracture or breakage, or installation screws piercing harness.
Corrosion beyond the scope of product specification:
Unless otherwise stated, Phillips will not accept corrosion as a warranty claim. (Preventative maintenance will mitigate part failures. Many states use Magnesium Chloride or Calcium Chloride as de-icers, which cause severe corrosion to electrical systems.)
Warranty Claim Process:
In our desire to improve products, Phillips will require that alleged defective parts be returned to their respective factory for evaluation and analysis.
Customers must submit a warranty claim in writing or electronic format, which includes:
- Vehicle In Service Date
- Date of Failure
- Detailed Reason for Claim
- Contact Person Name and Phone Number, Fax Number or Email Address.
Phillips will review the claim and if tentative approval is given a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number will be issued. All returning warranty claim packages must have the RMA number, Tracking Number, Claim Report, and Invoice or Service Number, clearly marked on the outside of the return package and must be shipped prepaid (all prepaid freight will be reimbursed on approved claims only). Submitting the packages without the information required will not be accepted and therefore the claim will not be approved. Submitted products will be analyzed for root cause failure, and if approved, a credit will be issued. Short pays or debit deductions are not allowed. Contested claims must be addressed in writing within 30 days of rejection notification.
All products require a Return Material Authorization number from:
TRAMITACIONES GROUP FORWARDING INC. / PHILLIPS INDUSTRIES ELECTRICAL HARNESS DIVISION
13493 Port Drive
Unitec Industrial Park
Laredo, Texas 78045 U.S.A
Contact: Samuel Robledo
Hours 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM
E-mail: [email protected]
Note: If a damaged or defective part is returned to Phillips for analysis it will be destroyed following the analysis unless specific instructions are included with the product requesting its return.
Helpful hints to reduce warranties:
- Use 15-foot cables. 12-foot cables should be used for trailer-to-trailer connections, not tractor-to-trailer. Most find 12-foot cables are too short for most tight turn applications. For “How to measure coil length” click here.
- Filter screens should be used on gladhands. Doing so, keeps road debris, insects, and foreign materials out of the air system.
- Use tracker bar spring kits or pogo sticks to prevent chaffing or damage to cables between the tractor and trailer. If using 2 electrical cords such as an ISO cable, 2 tracker bar springs should be used.
- Any electrical connection that is opened should be re-greased before it is reconnected.
IN NO EVENT SHALL PHILLIPS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR LIKE DAMAGES INCLUDING SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, SAVINGS, OR REVENUES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER OR NOT PHILLIPS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES OR THE LIKE, INCLUDING ANY CASE IN WHICH A PRODUCT OF PHILLIPS PURCHASED HEREUNDER CREATES OR CONTRIBUTES TO A VEHICLE OR OTHER PRODUCT REPAIR CAMPAIGN OR RECALL DUE TO A VEHICLE OR OTHER PRODUCT DEFECT OR NON-COMPLIANCE WITH THE UNITED STATES NATIONAL MOTOR VEHICLE TRAFFIC SAFETY ACT OR OTHER SIMILAR FEDERAL OR STATE LAWS.
THE WARRANTIES PROVIDED HERE ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THOSE HERE STATED, ALL OF WHICH PHILLIPS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY.