Phillips Connect Technologies Details New 2020 Products that Deliver Smart Trailer Data Based on Individual Fleet Requirements
Santa Fe Springs, CA (February 23, 2020) During a press conference held here today in conjunction with the American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition, Phillips Connect Technologies (PCT) detailed their product and telematics data communication roadmap for 2020.
The new PCT products introduced during TMC follow Phillips’ proven criteria as a world-class hardware supplier known for building innovative products that solve real-world commercial fleet issues. In today’s smart-trailer technology environment, fleets are most interested in the intelligence that comes from their investment in transportation equipment. PCT’s products satisfy individual fleet requirements, based on their unique operations, by receiving IoT sensor information in the most efficient format, under one data plan.
PCT hardware products unveiled during the press conference included:
– Smart7™ expands on Phillips’ most popular trailer nosebox by adding powerful solar to the lid, a large-capacity battery, and an ABS decoder chip. It also includes PCT’s telematics gateway for GPS and communicating and reporting on multiple health sensors like light out detection, door open/closed, tire status, cargo status, air tank and trailer tail status, SmartLock Gladhand status, tractor pairing, and weight status. And on top of all of that, the Smart7™ has PCT’s patented remote Pre-Check feature built-in.
– Pre-Check Smart System™, functioning through the Smart7™, it allows fleet operators to run a diagnostic on trailer status from a remote location. With the ability to view the trailer’s health remotely, fleet operators can dispatch healthy assets and reroute flagged assets for scheduled maintenance.
– IntelliSense™ Harness System, an integrated 7-way smart harness that allows multiple sensors to connect to PCT gateways. A data communication harness is woven into the trailer’s main harness to speed up installation time and improve reliability.
– SmartLock Gladhand prevents unauthorized use of trailers by preventing the secure connection of the tractor air line supply to release the brakes. The sensor will allow the carrier to have the power to say who can and can NOT use their asset.
– SmartPair™ makes tractor/trailer pairing extremely easy. When the asset is attached to tractor power, the SmartPair™ will immediately start looking for nearby sensors. Any tractor with the SmartPair™ will be picked up by PCT’s tracking products. Multiple layers of logic are included when making the pairing—so if more than one tractor is present, the right tractor is paired with the trailer.
Products created by PCT are designed to operate in an open platform, that can interface with non-PCT telematics gateways and with any supplier sensor, or with PCT supplied sensors or a combination of both.
PCT’s User Interface and ROI tools were also outlined. The User Interface is a user-friendly environment displaying a dashboard of fleet assets, giving the ability to narrow in on asset data in order to diagnose components and sensors. PCT discussed the release of a new advance query tool that can be used in mapping, reporting maintenance scheduling, and can be optimized for messaging and alerting, customized to the individual fleet.
“Our product development criteria provide solutions that offer a massive ROI and competitive advantage to our customers,” commented Rob Phillips, CEO of PCT. “Trailer tracking and sensors are what everyone is talking about right now, but that’s just a tiny piece of what’s really going on. The most important piece of this pie is not, ‘Where are my assets?’ or, ‘What is their status?’, it’s what the collective data reveals that’s gold. This is our specialty; we have figured out the ultimate formulas to build customized strategies for each fleet customer.”
Phillips Connect Technologies will be introducing additional new telematics-solution products throughout 2020.
To learn more about the products and capabilities of PCT, please visit Phillips Industries/Phillips Connect Technologies (Booths 2933 and 2939) at the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition, being held February 24-27 at the Georgia World Congress in Atlanta, GA.
About Phillips Connect Technologies
Phillips Connect Technologies provides telematics solutions for trailers, chassis, and containers that add fully integrated cargo and health monitoring (lights, brakes, and tires) to real-time GPS tracking. These telematics solutions give fleet managers the information they need to turn their assets faster and maximize driver productivity. Phillips Connect Technologies (PCT) is a stand-alone company within the Phillips Technologies Group portfolio of companies. PCT has developed industry IoT sensor interface technology that is being widely deployed in the commercial transportation space. These open system platforms consolidate smart components onto one central hub, using one data plan to deliver actionable alerts to the driver, and customizable fleet management dashboards to the fleet’s operations or dispatch teams. The products are designed to improve overall safety and security, reduce costs in fleet maintenance and dramatically enhance fleet asset utilization. Product platforms include TrailerNet™, ContainerNet™, and ChassisNet™. Visit www.phillips-connect.com for more information.
About Phillips Industries
Since 1928, Phillips Industries has been recognized as a leading innovator and manufacturer of advanced electrical and air brake system components, as well as electronic solutions for communicating vehicle data to fleets and their drivers for the commercial truck and trailer industry. Phillips’ products are standard on nearly 100% of Class 8 trucks, more than 50% of all trailers manufactured in North America, and can be purchased at virtually all premium distributors. Phillips has manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout the US and Canada, as well as Mexico, China, and Europe. Phillips maintains active membership in key industry associations including American Trucking Association, SAE, Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association, Heavy Duty Manufacturing Association and various state trucking associations. Their manufacturing facilities have earned the top-quality accreditations including ISO/IATF 16949 and ISAO 14001 as well as multiple prestigious customer awards from Daimler, NAPA, and many others. Visit www.phillipsind.com for more information.
To access an image to accompany this press, please go to http://www.ck-companies.com/Smart7%20_%20Smart%207Way%20System.png