Senior Marketing Manager
WHY WORK HERE?
Opportunity for Growth – Team Atmosphere – Great Culture
GET TO KNOW US
We’re Driven to Move You. For nearly 100 years, our industry-leading products and solutions have provided the support that keeps businesses moving. As a global leader in innovation, we take a customer-first approach to innovation, design and manufacturing of solutions for the trucking industry. Through a wide variety of commercial trucking products, Phillips proudly serves OEM’s as well as the aftermarket.
Our success is powered by team members who embrace the challenges of meeting our goals and exceeding the standards set by the industry. In our pursuit of a better future, we refuse to settle.
As a 4th generation family-owned business, Phillips Industries has created a culture where people feel empowered to make a difference. Encouraged to share new ideas, collaborate with other team members as well as customers and partners, we are not afraid to take risks and fail in our push to continuously learn new and develop new skills.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Marketing Manager will oversee, coordinate, and participate in the development of marketing strategies and products for the organization. Our ideal candidate will create, implement, and manage content marketing programs that effectively target and promote Phillips Industries to the heavy-duty trucking industry.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains supervisory and management staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Directs and implements the organization’s advertising and promotional activities.
- Combines existing expertise in sales, marketing, merchandising, technology, and management to deliver a superior brand and purchasing experience for all customers.
- Oversees the website. Manages the overall user experience, including site navigation, content development, and promotional campaigns.
- Analyzes target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Identifies new market segments that will benefit from company products.
- Prepares effective advertising campaigns based on market research.
- Maintains knowledge on emerging products and services.
- Collaborates with senior executives to develop growth plans for the organization.
- Forecasts, drafts, implements, and oversees the department’s operating budget.
- Manages the Phillips Industries Marketing team by assigning tasks, creating an open line of communication, and offering guidance and helping with projects as needed.
- Collaborates with Phillips Connect Marketing department on a daily basis to create and foster synergy between companies.
- Recommends on the overall look and feel of marketing communications material so that it stands out in the marketplace and appeals to our targeted clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of market developments.
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; graduate degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in marketing and long-range planning required.
- Fast-paced, corporate marketing or agency experience, managing client relationships is preferred.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Salesforce, and social media platforms.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong knowledge in website optimization and SEO.
- Experience in filing trademarks.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Time-Off Benefits (Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Bereavement)
- Bonus Program
- 401k Matching
- Full Medical (Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Accident, Life insurance)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Continuing Education/Training Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Pre-tax deduction of insurance premiums
- Direct deposit
- Credit union
- Wellness Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We make hiring and other employment related decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need and without regard to race, color, age (except as required to comply with applicable laws), religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partner status, ancestry, national origin, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws and regulations. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.